Friday, August 23, 2013
1. We're going to the state fair tomorrow! If you've been reading my blog a while, you know we go every year, and we love it! Annamarie can't wait because she loves looking at the animals. She still talks about the county fair we went to a few weeks ago.
2. Sunday Annamarie and I leave to go to Wisconsin Dells with my family. My sister is visiting from Las Vegas! If you aren't from the MN/WI area you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's a city filled with water parks and other tourist attractions. So looking forward to it!
3. Then on Wed. when we get back, Steve has a few days off so we're going to go do something as a family. Still not sure what we're doing, but we might go camping.
4. We're doing on last hurrah next week because after that Steve starts a turn around at work. That means he's working nights, 14 hour shifts for a month and half straight, no weeks off. I'll be a single mom for a month and a half. Not really looking forward to it. But it's going to be a good payout in his salary, so Annamarie and I get to go out and do lots of fun stuff like the children's museum and zoo.
5. I feel so popular. Actually I think it's that I need to raise my prices, but I have 11 people on my wait list for dolls. Eek. At this rate I'll finish by Christmas. Ha!I can't imagine as it gets closer to Christmas, since generally the summer is slower for WAHMs.
6. I wanted to post on my garden another time, but things started going down hill. Sigh. My pumpkins have powdery mildew, and I tried treating them with milk a few times, but I think it's an uphill battle that I'm loosing. They still have one baby pumpkin growing strong, but most of the leaves have died off, so I'm fearful that the pumpkin will stop growing too. Oh well, my first year really gardening, so it's a learning process.
7. Since I will be alone with Annamarie for a while, I'm trying to think of ideas of stuff for us to do so I don't go crazy. Besides all the outside fun, I'm thinking of things to do at home. We made a cardboard rocket ship yesterday and she loved it, so she's into the pretend play right now. I actually think I might make her a teepee, I've wanted to make one for a while, and now I think she would enjoy it. I will document it if I do!
Posted by Allison at 9:42 AM